cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marian71
Level: Power Up

Acknowledgement Flow - Updating a field in a Record containing multiple attendees

Need some input on the following:

I've created a sharepoint list to capture training attendance. Every time a training is organized a single record is added to the list containing topic/location/attendees/flow status etc.

Once the record is added each attendee receives an e-mail asking to acknowledge they have attended the training

The field called 'Flow Status' is meant to capture if all the attendees have acknowledged by changing the status from 'Initiated' to 'Completed'. Unsure on where/how to add the 'Update Item' action so the update happens automatically.

Looking to keep it simple for now but next step would be to send a reminder to attendees who haven't acknowledged.

Would appreciate any and all feedback you can give me.

Marian 

.Flowx.png

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Acknowledgement Flow - Updating a field in a Record containing multiple attendees

First of all you probably don't want to send a singel email to all attendees. 

Also you will find that The apply to each willl wait every time until a person responds before the next person is sent an email. 

This is not going to work like this.

You coudl send an email to multiple people in one go usig the Approval action. Select the option that requries everybody to respond. Once everybody has responded update your list item.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Acknowledgement Flow - Updating a field in a Record containing multiple attendees

Hi @Marian71,

Do you want to send a single email for all attendees or send one email for each attendees?

According to the screenshot, I think you want to send one approval email for each attendee, is it true? I agree with @Pieter_Veenstra's thought almost, if you would like the "Flow Status" column to be updated from 'Initiated' to 'Completed' when all attendees have acknowledged, I think your flow could not achieve your needs.

You could consider take a try to use "Start an approval" action to achieve your needs. I have created a SharePoint list on my side and the data structure of it as below:7.JPG

Note: The Topic column and Location column are both Single line of text type column, The Attendees column is Person or Group type column, Flow Status column is Choice type column ("Initiated" and "Completed") and The Date column is Date type column.

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "When an item is created" trigger, specify Site Address and List Name.
  • Add a Variables-> "Initialize variable" action, Name set to ApproverArray, Type set to String and Value set to empty.
  • Add a "Apply to each" action, input parameter set to Attendees dynamic content of the trigger.
  • Within "Apply to each", add a "Compose" action, Inputs set to following formula:

concat(items('Apply_to_each')?['Email'],';',variables('ApproverArray'))

Add a "Set variable" action, Name choose ApproverArray and Value set to output of "Compose" action.

• Under "Apply to each" action, add a "Start an approval" action, Approval type set to Everyone from the assigned list, Assigned to field set to ApproverArray variable.
  • Add a "Condition", left input box set to Response dynamic content of "Start an approval" action, right input box set to Approve, Within middle drop down, choose is equal to.
  • Within "If/yes" branch of Condition, add a "Update item" action, specify Site Address and List Name, Flow Status Value field set to "Completed".

Image reference:8.JPG

9.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:10.JPG

11.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,669)