cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ellean
Helper I
Helper I

Action 'Delay_until' failed from manual trigger data input

I set up a manual trigger with a date. I want to use the date to schedule things. I put the dynamic expression input-date in the delay until timestamp field and I am getting this error:

The 'timestamp' value of the 'Wait' action 'until' inputs must be specified in UTC using the round-trip date/time pattern (for example, '2015-10-22T10:00:00Z'). For details please review the Standard Date and Time Format Strings of the .Net framework.

The timestamp in the failed flow screen shows 2020-11-04T00:00:00, which looks very much like the required format! I also tried to convert the timestamp from the input-date to a round-trip date/time pattern but I get the same error. What am I missing pls?

5 REPLIES 5
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ellean ,

Please  try the following format:

115.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-bacao-msft wrote:

Hi @ellean ,

Please  try the following format:

115.PNG

Best Regards,

OK, but as I pointed out, I am using that format. I also used the format directly from the power automate date formatting actions so....

@v-bacao-msft Maybe we have a communication problem, so let's see if these screenshots help:

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 13.11.59.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-22 at 13.12.19.png

Hi @ellean ,

You can fill the second parameter of the formatDatetime() function into the Format string field and click Enter custom value.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, me again, @v-bacao-msft,

sorry to be such a pain but I truly don't understand. The help file says:

The 'timestamp' value of the 'Wait' action 'until' inputs must be specified in UTC using the round-trip date/time pattern (for example, '2015-10-22T10:00:00Z'). For details please review the Standard Date and Time Format Strings of the .Net framework. [emphasis mine.]

my time convert says:

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 13.12.19.pngYou can see in "Format string" my type is "Round-trip date/time pattern" so why isn't it working? Why are you telling me to use a custom function and not the built-in time convert as I am trying to do?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (48,811)