cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azunino
Regular Visitor

Action 'Update event (V2)' failed

Hi there,

I'm trying to setup a Flow which updates the Body of an Event when it is created.

I used the two step:

Trigger: When a new event is created (V2)

Action: Update event (V2)

The flow works flawlessly when I try to update an event that is created in the calendar of the user who runs the Flow.

But when I select another Calendar, which is a calendar of an exchange resource I have been granted access, the Flow failed with the following error:

{
"status": 400,
"message": "Your request can't be completed. Set action is invalid for property.\r\nclientRequestId: 68b55d28-4f54-490f-b5da-f51201639d3b\r\nserviceRequestId: 614d2837-3735-4caf-a4a3-59540e6be358",
"source": "office365-we.azconn-we.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

Of course I have access to the Resource calendar, as the user who runs the flow has been granted editing permission on the calendar. In fact I can manually adding, deleting, editing the calendar using outlook but not using the flow.

Anyone has some suggestions or ideas? 

Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @azunino ,

Could you share more details on Exchange Resource Calendars?

Have you selected the custom resource calendars in the flow?

The custom calendar is not available in Outlook calendar triggers/actions of Microsoft Flow currently, only built-in calendars are supported currently.

Please feel free submit a request on Flow Ideas Forum if you need this feature:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @azunino ,

Could you share more details on Exchange Resource Calendars?

Have you selected the custom resource calendars in the flow?

The custom calendar is not available in Outlook calendar triggers/actions of Microsoft Flow currently, only built-in calendars are supported currently.

Please feel free submit a request on Flow Ideas Forum if you need this feature:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

yes, I've selected the custom resource calendar in the Calendar ID drop-down menu both in the Action "Update Event (v2)" and in the Trigger "When a new event is created (V2)".

BR

Andrea

Hi @azunino ,

Thanks for updating.

As I mentioned previously, the custom calendar is not available in Outlook calendar triggers and actions of Microsoft Flow currently.

Please submit an idea about this issue, I will suggest other customers who have the same request to vote your idea as well.

Best regards,

Mabel

Thank you @v-yamao-msft 

I've opened an idea Custom Resource Calendar in Outlook connector

BR

Andrea

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,306)