cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UluruRob
Helper III
Helper III

Action for Send Email in Apply to Each greyed out

I have a basic flow that is triggered by a power app to retrieve Annual Leave Balance from a SharePoint List. The Send Email action was auto placed in an Apply to Each because I am retrieving the Balance value from Get Items action before it. When the flow gets to the Apply to Each it disregards and the Send Email action is greyed out? Why is this and how can i fix please. I did try to do the Send Email action outside of an Apply to Each by using Initialize and Set Variable, but then it does the same with the Set Variable action?

UluruRob_0-1652419063988.pngUluruRob_1-1652419151611.pngUluruRob_2-1652419219109.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @UluruRob ,

This is a common doubt. First, if the user uses his own connection, the user need to have permission to access the list.

If you don't want the user have permission to access sp list, you could specify the connection that runs the flow/action. You need to use Powerapps(V2) trigger because Powerapps trigger doesn't support this behavior.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1652753588265.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1652753668999.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @UluruRob ,

The cause root is the outputs of 'Get Items' action is empty.

Please check your filter query.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Hi, thanks for the reply - when I check the filter query it is not empty?

UluruRob_0-1652751548197.png

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @UluruRob ,

Sorry i didn't explain clearly.

I mean that The outputs of this action is empty.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1652751729133.png

In other words, there are no items matching the specified conditions.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

UluruRob
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks your right, however when i use my credentials to check the app/flow it works seamlessly and provides the Filter Query output, but if another user tries the output fails, even though filter query is a match. Any ideas why this could be, could it be a permissions issue? As far as i know all connection permissions have been provided to other user accounts.

I have a test account called 'IT Remote' 

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @UluruRob ,

I guess the user doesn't have enough permission.

Have you shared your sharepoint list to another user?

Best Regards,

Wearsky

UluruRob
Helper III
Helper III

Perhaps they don't have access to the Sharepoint List - Hmm I will test and let you know, I was hoping it could just do a lookup up without them having permission to the list otherwise they can potentially see other peoples leave details.

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @UluruRob ,

This is a common doubt. First, if the user uses his own connection, the user need to have permission to access the list.

If you don't want the user have permission to access sp list, you could specify the connection that runs the flow/action. You need to use Powerapps(V2) trigger because Powerapps trigger doesn't support this behavior.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1652753588265.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1652753668999.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

UluruRob
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you so much, i think this last piece of information specifying the connection to be used instead of users connection might have solved it for me. A bit more testing and then I can confirm.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,565)