Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JimmyWork
Level 8

ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied is equal to Text

Hi 

Im getting this Error message: ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied. The execution of template action ': 'Post_a_message' skipped: the branching condition for this action is not satisfied.

Im usinga choice column in SharePoint, and i want to post a message to a teams channel when the column choice is Closed. Now the flow works, and it says it does not fail, and when its set to Closed it sends the message but if its set to anything els the flow should do nothing but it just types the error message above.

2019-03-20 09_33_13-Run History _ Microsoft Flow.png2019-03-20 09_34_23-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
JimmyWork
Level 8

Re: ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied is equal to Text

I do understand that but in other flows i do not recive this error.

If the condition is not meet it should go to no and exit. This is how it works in other flows but in this i get the error message, again the flow does not report an error but i dont get why its displayed, if condition is not meet it should be No and exit flow.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JimmyWork ,

If the condition is not meet and you have actions under If No branch, then it would go to No. Though the warning message returned, the flow runs succeeded.

I have made some other tests. If the condition doesn’t meet, it goes to the actions under if no branch, the waring message still returned under if yes branch. The flow ran successfully.

1.PNG

Do you have other flows that if the condition is not meet it goes to no and exist without returning a warning message under if yes branch? Please share a screenshot on it.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

6 REPLIES 6
JimmyWork
Level 8

I can see others have recived this error before but i cannot see a solution? The Flow wont say it faild but it will display the error message

JimmyWork
Level 8

Anyone, this is driving me mad 🙂

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JimmyWork ,

It is a default behavior that when the branch condition is not satisfied, a warning message “action branching condition not satisfied” will be returned to tell you why this action is skipped. Otherwise, it won’t be easier for us to know why the message was not posted by flow.

Hope this makes sense.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JimmyWork
Level 8

I do understand that but in other flows i do not recive this error.

If the condition is not meet it should go to no and exit. This is how it works in other flows but in this i get the error message, again the flow does not report an error but i dont get why its displayed, if condition is not meet it should be No and exit flow.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JimmyWork ,

If the condition is not meet and you have actions under If No branch, then it would go to No. Though the warning message returned, the flow runs succeeded.

I have made some other tests. If the condition doesn’t meet, it goes to the actions under if no branch, the waring message still returned under if yes branch. The flow ran successfully.

1.PNG

Do you have other flows that if the condition is not meet it goes to no and exist without returning a warning message under if yes branch? Please share a screenshot on it.

Best regards,

Mabel

JimmyWork
Level 8

You are correct i had no Terminate display success. Dont know what i was thinking

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 308 members 4,838 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: