cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zleavell

ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied on Send an Email (V2) for New News Posts with Custom Column

Hey there, 

Im creating a new flow that has 2 conditions shown, but the condition is continually evaluating as false and thus never going to the Green/Yes action and always going to the Red/No action. These are newsfeeds that I want to email when a new one is Published and when that newsfeed also meets a Custom Multi-Select Column.

Conditions:

Promoted State is equal to int(2)

Blog Tag contains Technology

Flow ConfigurationFlow Configuration

ErrorError

ColumnsColumns

@abm 

11 REPLIES 11
jdoss
Resolver III
Resolver III

Can you post the outputs of "When a file is created or modified (properties only)"? I would mark out whatever private info before posting as you did in your first image.

Hey there, dont i already have that in the screenshot(s)? Or are you wanting me to select the Click to Download option on the outputs and post that?

jdoss
Resolver III
Resolver III

Yes, click the download. I'm betting it's a json string value and not an integer, that will show us the true value of "Promoted State"

jdoss
Resolver III
Resolver III

Yes, click the download. I'm betting it's a json string value and not an integer, that will show us the true value of "Promoted State"

zleavell

{"headers":{"Transfer-Encoding":"chunked","Retry-After":"21600","Vary":"Accept-Encoding","X-SharePointHealthScore":"0","X-MS-SPConnector":"1","X-SP-SERVERSTATE":"ReadOnly=0","DATASERVICEVERSION":"3.0","SPClientServiceRequestDuration":"136","SPRequestGuid":"ca1540a3-ea7f-4c26-8300-efe2553093b9","request-id":"ca1540a3-ea7f-4c26-8300-efe2553093b9","MS-CV":"o0AVyn/qJkyDAO/iVTCTuQ.0","Strict-Transport-Security":"max-age=31536000","X-FRAME-OPTIONS":"SAMEORIGIN","Content-Security-Policy":"frame-ancestors 'self' teams.microsoft.com *.teams.microsoft.com *.skype.com *.teams.microsoft.us local.teams.office.com *.powerapps.com *.yammer.com *.officeapps.live.com *.stream.azure-test.net *.microsoftstream.com;","MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices":"16.0.0.20809","X-Content-Type-Options":"nosniff","X-MS-InvokeApp":"1; RequireReadOnly","Timing-Allow-Origin":"*","x-ms-apihub-cached-response":"true","Cache-Control":"max-age=0, private","Date":"Wed, 20 Jan 2021 23:33:24 GMT","Location":"https://flow-apim-msmanaged-na-westus2-01.azure-apim.net/apim/sharepointonline/shared-sharepointonl-... IND DSP COR ADM CONo CUR CUSo IVAo IVDo PSA PSD TAI TELo OUR SAMo CNT COM INT NAV ONL PHY PRE PUR UNI\"","X-AspNet-Version":"4.0.30319","X-Powered-By":"ASP.NET","Content-Type":"application/json; charset=utf-8","Expires":"Tue, 05 Jan 2021 23:33:23 GMT","Last-Modified":"Wed, 20 Jan 2021 23:33:23 GMT","Content-Length":"3275"},"body":{"@odata.etag":"\"8\"","ItemInternalId":"19","ID":19,"Title":"Testing last news post 123","Editor":{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedUser","Claims":"i:0#.f|membership|ACCOUNTNAME@domain.onmicrosoft.com","DisplayName":"Admin - ZL","Email":"ACCOUNTNAME@domain.onmicrosoft.com","Picture":"https://domain.sharepoint.com/sites/Tech-Hub/_layouts/15/UserPhoto.aspx?Size=L&AccountName=ACCOUNTNA... - ZL","Email":"ACCOUNTNAME@domain.onmicrosoft.com","Picture":"https://domain.sharepoint.com/sites/Tech-Hub/_layouts/15/UserPhoto.aspx?Size=L&AccountName=ACCOUNTNA... - ZL","Email":"ACCOUNTNAME@domain.onmicrosoft.com","Picture":"https://domain.sharepoint.com/sites/Tech-Hub/_layouts/15/UserPhoto.aspx?Size=L&AccountName=ACCOUNTNA... Page"},"{ContentType}#Id":"0x0101009D1CB255DA76424F860D91F20E6C411800B297EA6F39F742478F5A9425D3989CD8","{VersionNumber}":"1.0"}}

Also, its worth noting that without the Blog Tag is whats breaking the flow. If I remove the Blog Tag Contains Technology, the workflow is fine.

abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @zleavell 

Could you please convert the  dynamic property 'Promoted State' to int() expression as well? Similar like the int(2) you did in the condition.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

Hi @zleavell 

Also what's your Blog Tag data type?

Add a compose above your IF statement and map the Blog Tag and map the property. Run the flow and check the history. See what value is returned for Blog Tag. This is the only way you can debug. The IF statement only shows whether its true or false from the run history.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
jdoss
Resolver III
Resolver III

I can't see either of those properties in the json outputs you posted. You might try "Initialize variable" as a string and set it equal to "Promoted State" and do another for "Blog Tag" and re run the flow. You'll be able to see what it's pulling exactly then. 

Hmm, not sure what you mean. The Promoted State condition works fine if its by itself and is set to Promoted State is equal to int(2). Its only when I add the second condition (and) where I also want to only send an email if both the Promoted State = int(2) and Blog Tag (custom column on the pages library) contains the Tag = Technonogy. 

im using contains, as it is a multi-select column where you can have a page thats tagged as Technology, Sales, and Product. 

Therefore, im not really sure how I could change the Blog Tag to an int value.

Blog Tag is a multi-select field as shown in some of the original screenshots. Here's a sample on the page properties for the news item:

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 11.58.45 AM.png

jdoss
Resolver III
Resolver III

You are going to have to initialize a variable and set it equal to what you get from "Blog Tag" in order to see what is returned. It may be that the value is not "Technology" when you run the flow again you will be able to see why the condition is not working. Then you debug from there. Or you could use the compose suggestion from @abm .

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,684)