cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied

I have read the other posts on this question but am not able to solve it.

I'm developing a Review/Approve workflow for sending a link to a document in a SharePoint library. It prompts the sender to enter the reviewer email and the review Due Date, and then changes the Review Status to Under Review. All that works. 

When the Reviewer has finished, he/she clicks Approve or Reject. The approval then changes the Approval Status to 'Yes' ('require content approval' is On) and the Review Status to Reviewed. This is the part that is failing with the above error message.

This is the detail of that part of the flow:

GetFileMetadata.jpg

I have tried it with the actions under Get File Metadata removed, and then it says Flow Succeeded, but if you drill down to the Get File Metadata action, you will see the error ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied.

Any assistance appreciated. 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied

Hi @Quotidian ,

This is the expected result because the conditions set in the Condition control are not met, so the Get file metadata action is not executed.

You need to first know the results that Outcome may output.

• If the approval type selects First to respond, the result of Outcome may be Approve or Reject.
  • If the approval type is selected by Everyone must approve, then the output of the Outcome will not be just Approve or Reject, it may be the result of "Approve, Approve, Approve", depending on the approval result.

So you also need to check whether the value of the Approved field matches any of the above, but in any case, its value needs to be Approve or Reject, or even a combination of them.

Not Approved or Rejected.

Please check it.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I had thought that if you set the Condition 'Outcome' to 'Approved', then the next step would be either Yes (if approved) or No (if not approved.) So, that is incorrect.

In which case, what expression is entered in Condition? Contains 'Approved' and 'Rejected'?

ApprovedRejected.jpg

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Quotidian ,

If you use Contains, you can populate Reject directly in the parameters on the right.

In this case, If yes indicates that the final result of the approval is Reject, and IF no indicates that the final approval result is Approve.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, but I can't get this to work after many hours of trying.  I know that MS Flow is supposed to be easy to use, but really it isn't, unless you understand the underlying concepts.  I will advise management to get help from IT if they wish to use this product.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Quotidian ,

Maybe you can get to know the guided learning first. When you are familiar with it for a while, you will find that MS Flow is a very useful tool, low code, and can match many application scenarios.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/automate-process-using-flow/

If any other questions about MS Flow, just ask.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

OK I will try. I have listened to several online instructional video courses on the topic but not that one. Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Quotidian ,

There are many related posts in the community that you can use as a reference to learn more about the use of the Approval action.

Like:

Response-Dynamic-Content-for-Approvals-does-not-appear

Approval-type-quot-Everyone-must-approve-quot-does-it-work

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Can you tell me if this Microsoft support document is still current? I worked through the example in this tutorial but when I got to this section I couldn't go any further because in the edition of Flow that I'm using there's no 'object' called 'response':

Response.jpgThis is why in the version that I built, I used 'Outcome' 'is equal to' 'Approve'. 

But I don't know if the example is still current.

(This is one of the difficulties with learning Flow, as the product keeps changing, so even tutorials that are a few months old might be no longer current.)

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Quotidian ,

This document is not updated in time. The examples provided are not the latest version. You can check the product updates and descriptions in the Microsoft Flow blog.

We will feedback this information to the corresponding Team to update the tutorial.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,286)