cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniuosagi
Frequent Visitor

ActionTimedOut warning even after I turned on Retry Policy and set count to 20?

I'm making a flow performing a lot of Dataverse actions (create/update an item) at a time.  Due to performance consideration, we turned on Concurrency control on the Apply to Each, so when those Dataverse actions tends to timeout if having too many request at a time.  The default timeout of it is 7 minutes and it will retry by itself, but we don't want to wait 7 minutes, so we changed the "Setting" of those Dataverse Actions to:

daniuosagi_0-1645893069068.png

We set the Timeout at 5 seconds because all the successful run time of such action are only 1-3 seconds.

And we set the Retry policy to 5s interval and 20 times trying to make sure the Flow run is reliable to make sure they run successfully.

However, in the actual run, we see some actions' result returning "ActionTimedOut" error without even the 1st retry:

daniuosagi_1-1645893271730.png

And some of them also returned "ActionTimedOut" after only 1 retry, while I set retry count to 20.

daniuosagi_2-1645893310636.png

Of course, there are still a lot of successfully run actions and some of them succeed after 1 retry

daniuosagi_3-1645893445337.png

But we want to guarantee all actions had run successfully.  Did I set any of those Timeout or Retry policy in a wrong way?  Or is there any other way that we can guarantee success run of those actions.

Thanks in advance!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,368)