cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vidividi12
Frequent Visitor

Adaptive Cards Termination of Do-Until

Hi All,

I am using Adaptive Cards to get approvals from all approvers. I would also like to remind the approvers with 3-day loops if they are not fill and send adaptive card form. In order to make this happen, I am using Do Until condition as parallel to adaptive card codes. I have set reminder until the approval complete condition is true. However, when the flow is triggered, it is not terminated until 3-days(even if the approver fills and sends the form). In normal condition, when I received the response, reminder should be terminated.

I think the issue derives from our condition of the do-until action. I moved it under Adaptive Cards code but the reminder is not worked at this situation.

Is there anything which I can try to get reminder until get response from approvers?

My Approval and Reminder StructureMy Approval and Reminder StructureThe Approval Completion areaThe Approval Completion area

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The problem is that the parallel loop for reminders will keep the flow paused until the full 3 days is up BEFORE it evaluates whether the loop should continue or not.  The way to fix this is to replace the delay with an inner loop that uses a counter and a smaller delay.  For example, I have a delay of one hour in a loop that increments a counter each time it loops and runs until the counter is greater than 72.  Normally that loop will run for 3 days before proceeding and sending out the reminder.  But if I set the counter to 73 when the approvals are complete then the reminder loop will evaluate after no more than one hour additional.  To make it react faster decrease the size of the delay and increase the count for the inner loop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

The number of loops is dependent on how long you are willing to wait for an approval to move on after completion.  If you are willing to wait an hour then set it for 72 one hour delays.  If you only want to wait 10 minutes max then set it to 72X6=432 10 minute delays.  In other words take the reminder delay you want and divide it by the max delay you are happy with for the approval to continue.  That is the delay and count you should implement.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The problem is that the parallel loop for reminders will keep the flow paused until the full 3 days is up BEFORE it evaluates whether the loop should continue or not.  The way to fix this is to replace the delay with an inner loop that uses a counter and a smaller delay.  For example, I have a delay of one hour in a loop that increments a counter each time it loops and runs until the counter is greater than 72.  Normally that loop will run for 3 days before proceeding and sending out the reminder.  But if I set the counter to 73 when the approvals are complete then the reminder loop will evaluate after no more than one hour additional.  To make it react faster decrease the size of the delay and increase the count for the inner loop.

Thank you for your reply @Pstork1  How many loop do you recommend to set? Shall I create 72 loops which is increasing from 1 to 72? Or do 1-20-40..-60-72 hours interval loops works for it?

The number of loops is dependent on how long you are willing to wait for an approval to move on after completion.  If you are willing to wait an hour then set it for 72 one hour delays.  If you only want to wait 10 minutes max then set it to 72X6=432 10 minute delays.  In other words take the reminder delay you want and divide it by the max delay you are happy with for the approval to continue.  That is the delay and count you should implement.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (3,786)