cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PaddyFreefall
Level: Powered On

Adaptive Cards not Showing Correctly in Teams when Posting to User

When I post to an adaptive card to a user in Teams the card isn't rendered correctly. 

When I post to a channel, it works fine.

This happens not just with approvals but with other adaptive cards created in the designer.

2020-01-17_10-54-20.png

2020-01-17_10-54-57.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chris-craig
Level: Power Up

Re: Adaptive Cards not Showing Correctly in Teams when Posting to User

Hi Paddy, I know next to nothing about this, but I have seen a behavioral difference between the activities "post a message" and "post an adaptive card." There is an action called "Post your own adaptive card as the Flow bot to a user (preview)" in GCC (see screenshot), so I suspect there's something similar in commercial.

Seems like the "message" action posts raw (i.e. not interpolated) text whereas the "adaptive card" action processes the JSON?

Seriously, though, don't take my word for it, I didn't even know Flow existed 2 weeks ago. Good luck!

teams_ac_action.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
chris-craig
Level: Power Up

Hi Paddy, I know next to nothing about this, but I have seen a behavioral difference between the activities "post a message" and "post an adaptive card." There is an action called "Post your own adaptive card as the Flow bot to a user (preview)" in GCC (see screenshot), so I suspect there's something similar in commercial.

Seems like the "message" action posts raw (i.e. not interpolated) text whereas the "adaptive card" action processes the JSON?

Seriously, though, don't take my word for it, I didn't even know Flow existed 2 weeks ago. Good luck!

teams_ac_action.png

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @PaddyFreefall 

As @chris-craig  has mentioned you need to use the post message as adaptive card action as shown in the screenshots below: 

ee3.PNG

rr3.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

PaddyFreefall
Level: Powered On

Thanks, @chris-craig and @yashag2255 . I really appreciate the help.

Yep, it was me using the wrong action. I've got it working now using the one you mentioned.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,570)