cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benjimang
Level: Powered On

Add Bing Location Coordinates to a 'Get Items' list to create a single CSV Table

Hi All,

I am hoping somepone can help me with what i thought was going to be a simple task. I have a list of venues in a Sharepoint List with a bing Location column. I have used 'Get Items' to then create a CSV Table, but the location info isn't available. I can use the Bing 'Get Location by Address' inside of an 'Apply to Each' step, but I have no idea how to add these location columns ot the CSV. Can anyone help please?

Cheers,

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Benjimang

Re: Add Bing Location Coordinates to a 'Get Items' list to create a single CSV Table

Hi @MattWeston365 

I have a solution. I have built the whole array inside the 'Apply to Each' action rather than trying to combine data later in the flow. Here's a screen-shot:

Array.jpg

I then add the Array to the input for the CSV Table with automatic columns. The next challenge I have is to output as a Tab delimited text file..... for another thread I feel 🙂 

Thanks again for replying @MattWeston365 

Cheers,

Ben

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Add Bing Location Coordinates to a 'Get Items' list to create a single CSV Table

Hi @Benjimang I've just tried something similar to what you have described, using Get Items and the Create CSV table actions, and I seem to be getting a result. In my example, I have a list which contains a title field, and a location field named Stadium. That field is configured to include all metadata: Street, Town, State etc First of all, when you put your location into SharePoint, are you seeing the breakdown like my screenshot below?

Football.PNG

I have then built my Flow based on your description, let me know if you're doing something different. When I type in "Stadium" in my dynamic content, I see all of the parts of my location field. Are you seeing a different behaviour?

Location.PNG

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

Benjimang

Hi @MattWeston365 

Thanks for your reply! I do have the location column set up as you have, and I do get all of the dynamic content available for the CSV table as you do. However, I am trying to get the Lattitude and Logitude, or even the combined point coordinates. 

To do that, I have tried using the Bing maps 'Get Location by Address' action, but it needs to be housed in an 'Apply to Each' action which makes the dynamic content outputs unavailable to the 'Create CSV Table' action.

To overcome this I have tried initialising a pair of arrays, then appending the outputs of the 'Get Location' axction to the arrays. This seems to work, but when I add the arrays to the value columns of the CSV table, it adds all values as a single string to the cell and repeats that entry for every row of the table. 

Any ideas?

Benjimang

Hi @MattWeston365 

I have a solution. I have built the whole array inside the 'Apply to Each' action rather than trying to combine data later in the flow. Here's a screen-shot:

Array.jpg

I then add the Array to the input for the CSV Table with automatic columns. The next challenge I have is to output as a Tab delimited text file..... for another thread I feel 🙂 

Thanks again for replying @MattWeston365 

Cheers,

Ben

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,556)