cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rthomas
Level: Powered On

Add CRM notes to Teams message using Flow

Hi there,

Trying to set up a flow so that when specific accounts are updated in our Dynamics CRM then there is a message posted to Teams that includes an overview of the account, including the notes under "Activity". Is this even possible? If so, would appreciate some insight on how to do it. I've got the dynamic fields part down, but this is stumping me. A coworker suggested it is because the notes are an "object", not a field, which makes sense, but still doesn't help me figure out what to do!

For what it's worth, the rest of the flow is working properly besides this.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Add CRM notes to Teams message using Flow

Hi @Rthomas,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to include the Notes of the specific account into a message posted to Microsoft Teams?

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "When a record is updated" trigger, specify Organization Name and Entity Name set to Accounts.
  • Add a "List records" action, specify Organization Name and Entity Name set to Notes.
  • Add a "Filter array" action, From set to output of "List records" action, within Condition box, left input box set to Created By dynamic content of the trigger, right input box set to Created By dynamic content of "List records" action. Within middle drop down, choose is equal to.

You could also click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@equals(triggerBody()?['_createdby_value'], item()?['_createdby_value'])
  • Add a "Create HTML table" action, From set to output of "Filter array" action, Include headers set to Yes.
  • Add a "Post message" action, specify Team Id and Channel Id. Within Message field, type the output of "Create HTML table" action.

Image reference:3.JPG

4.JPG

Note: The "List records" action within my flow is used to get all Notes records, then use "Filter array" action to filter the specific note associated with the specific account. In addition, within Message field of "Post message" action, other dynamic contents except Output dynamic content all comes from the trigger ("When a record is updated").

The flow works successfully as below:5.JPG

6.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Add CRM notes to Teams message using Flow

Hi @Rthomas,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to include the Notes of the specific account into a message posted to Microsoft Teams?

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "When a record is updated" trigger, specify Organization Name and Entity Name set to Accounts.
  • Add a "List records" action, specify Organization Name and Entity Name set to Notes.
  • Add a "Filter array" action, From set to output of "List records" action, within Condition box, left input box set to Created By dynamic content of the trigger, right input box set to Created By dynamic content of "List records" action. Within middle drop down, choose is equal to.

You could also click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@equals(triggerBody()?['_createdby_value'], item()?['_createdby_value'])
  • Add a "Create HTML table" action, From set to output of "Filter array" action, Include headers set to Yes.
  • Add a "Post message" action, specify Team Id and Channel Id. Within Message field, type the output of "Create HTML table" action.

Image reference:3.JPG

4.JPG

Note: The "List records" action within my flow is used to get all Notes records, then use "Filter array" action to filter the specific note associated with the specific account. In addition, within Message field of "Post message" action, other dynamic contents except Output dynamic content all comes from the trigger ("When a record is updated").

The flow works successfully as below:5.JPG

6.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 216 members 4,475 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: