cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brucem
Level: Powered On

Add a Planner Task with Plan Id and Bucket Id taken from Excel Spreadsheet

I want to create planner tasks by reading an Excel Online doc - which specific the task, task body, plan id and bucket id. However if my Plan is "Agenda" and Bucket is "Items" - it doesn't work to use these - I assume I need the actual unique plan id and bucket id. I can find plan id, but where do I find bucket id?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Add a Planner Task with Plan Id and Bucket Id taken from Excel Spreadsheet

Hi @brucem,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to create a Planner task via filling dynamic contents from your Excel table within Plan Id field and Bucket Id field of "Create a task" action?

Further, how do you get the unique plan id on your side?

Actually, the "Create a task" action of Planner connector find the specific Plan and Bucket via a series of string which likes a GUID, such as, the '2Tmvp8NL8Ein6v_FrfExtskAAqOx' represents the Plan Id and the 'ho2nq7PjpU-AkvKCkZAfM8kACKI8' represents the Bucket Id. The "Create a task" action UI just translate the Plan Id ('2Tmvp8NL8Ein6v_FrfExtskAAqOx') and Bucket Id ('ho2nq7PjpU-AkvKCkZAfM8kACKI8') into a friendly name, which you could get from the drop down list.4.JPG

You could get the actual Plan Id from the web url of your Planner plan, when you select your Planner plan, you could get the Plan Id within the URL box as below:5.JPG

Currently, there is no way to get the Bucket Id of a Planner plan directly within Planner. You could consider take a try to create a planner task with "Create a task" action, choose Plan Id and Bucket Id that you want from the Drop down list. Then get the Bucket Id from the output of "Create a task" action. I have made a test on my side and my flow's configuration as below:6.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:7.JPG

8.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
brucem
Level: Powered On

Re: Add a Planner Task with Plan Id and Bucket Id taken from Excel Spreadsheet

Hi Kris - thanks so much for responding.

You asked "Do you want to create a Planner task via filling dynamic contents from your Excel table within Plan Id field and Bucket Id field of "Create a task" action?"

The answer is "yes" - so unfortunately I can't see a way of doing it - as the user creating the contents of the Excel file only knows the Plan Name and Bucket Name, not their Ids.... any suggestions?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fourthImage

Australia Summit

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 53 members 4,409 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: