cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Power Participant
Power Participant

Add a group to Team (Not members in group)

Hi

I'm trying to solve the following thing.

My current flow i clone a Team i then read members of a group and add them as owners of the new Team i just cloned.

This creates an issue when a new user starts that needs access to all Teams. I don't want to add the new user manually to all Teams. If i have a 365 group and add that group as member of the Team then all users added to the 365 group will become members.

But how do i add a 365 group as members to a Team using flow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JimmyWork ,

Depending on the actions contained in the Office group connector, it is currently not possible to add a group to another group.

Please consider using the List group members action to get all members in the specified group first, and then add them to the specified group.

Image reference:

91.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JimmyWork ,

Depending on the actions contained in the Office group connector, it is currently not possible to add a group to another group.

Please consider using the List group members action to get all members in the specified group first, and then add them to the specified group.

Image reference:

91.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-bacao-msft Thank you for answering.

The way you describe is the current way i'm using it. The issue with this is that when a new user starts and needs access to all older Teams, you have to manually add that user. If the Teams groups where dynamically set or groups added then the user would automatically be added to the Team

Hi @JimmyWork ,

Unfortunately, there is currently no such flexible feature to achieve such a need, please consider submitting your suggestions in the ideas forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

For newly added members, you can use When a group member is added or removed to monitor, and then add the user to the specified Teams.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (51,455)