cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Add a link to a filtered view of a SharePoint list to an Approval (showing all previous requests from a requestor)

I'm working on a approval request where I need to be able include all previous requests from the requestor. I would like to include a link to a filtered view of a list (which is populated when someone fills out the Form which triggers the flow). I can add a link to a filtered view based as shown below, but it's not very useful if I have to set up the view manually (as I did here for testing).

link to filtered view of list.png

Does anyone have any advice on how to automatically pull a filtered view based on the requestor (or in other words, show all items where value in a column in the list corresponds to the responder's email address from the form)?

Another method to achieve the same thing would also work, but I've tried using an HTML table, and it doesn't seem possible to get it into the body of an approval in a helpful format (as it is with an email) (Here's my post and the thread on that topic) and the client is not satisfied with adding it as an attachment.

Thanks in advance! 

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KBeale ,

First of all, in Approval email, we can only use markdown to format the email body, and HTML tags have no effect here.

Please refer to this document to get the details:

Use markdown to format Power Automate approvals - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

In addition, regarding the thread you mentioned, it seems to create an HTML file first, and then add it as an attachment to the Approval email. Approver needs to download the HTML file to view the filtered view.

Hope that makes sense.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for getting back to me @v-bacao-msft!

And yes, re: the other thread, that was exactly the problem, I could make and attach an HTLM file with the data I needed, but the approver would then need to download it. Since the client wasn't satisfied with that solution (it's not very intuitive or user-friendly for the approver) I was hoping to get the information in the table into the body of the approval OR link out to the same info in the form of a filtered view of a list. 

Is there any way to use markdown to format the output of a Create HTML Table action so it presents correctly in the body of an approval? It wasn't clear to me how I would do so from the article you shared (thank you!), but this is all new to me, so hopefully I'm missing something. Thanks so much for your time! 

Hi @KBeale ,

If you want to insert a table in the approval email body, you need to get the data first, and then present the data in the specified format, please check this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/approvals-markdown-support#tables

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It looked like those instructions show how to format a specific set of items into a table? What I need, is a way to automatically format dynamic content (in this case the output from the Create an HTLM Table action, which uses a query, and will be different for each approval request) into a table. Is there a way to use markdown to do this? Thanks again @v-bacao-msft  (And again, sorry if I'm missing something! ;)) 

Hi @KBeale ,

If so, I am afraid that relying on the existing functions in Power Automate will not be able to achieve such a demand.

Best Regards,

Thank you! Now I can at least stop searching.. I'm working with our SharePoint team to see if we can find a way to automatically generate links to filtered views of a list, which I could then add to the approval. I'll post the solution here if we come up with a workaround! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,060)