cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmooreii
Helper III
Helper III

Add a link to document library folder in an email generated by flow

I am using "create new folder" to create a string variable named FolderPath.

When I use "send an email" and add dynamic content - "Link to item" , it shows the link but I am unable to click on it to take me to the folder path.

If I paste the text of the link as a URL in a browser, it takes me to the correct location but there are no files showing in the folder.

I tried to use HTML - <p><a href="Link to item'><a/> the link does not show in the email messages.

How can I accomplish this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rhiassuring
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi there, 

Just to check - you said "<a href="Link to item'><a/>" - but you mean <a href="Link to item'>CLICK HERE<a/>, right? The <a> parts just define what the text/image will go to - the part inbetween the <> and </> says what will be shown to click on.

Second, try out "Folder Path" for your dynamic content, and you will want to put your site before it, ie, https://tenantname.sharepoint.com/sites/intranet/

That should do it for you!

Cheers,

Rhia 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rhiassuring
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi there, 

Just to check - you said "<a href="Link to item'><a/>" - but you mean <a href="Link to item'>CLICK HERE<a/>, right? The <a> parts just define what the text/image will go to - the part inbetween the <> and </> says what will be shown to click on.

Second, try out "Folder Path" for your dynamic content, and you will want to put your site before it, ie, https://tenantname.sharepoint.com/sites/intranet/

That should do it for you!

Cheers,

Rhia 

dmooreii
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks, I did have the syntax wrong and I had to use my dynamic content for the folder path in order to se the files in the folder. "Link to item" would not work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,869)