cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHS2020 Resolver I
Resolver I

Add a new item in list creates an event in outlook calendar

Hi

So I have created this workflow when a new item is added or modified to a list, it will create an event in the calendar. The flow needs to create an event in the creator of the item's calendar and responsible people's calendar.

But I can not get this to work. When I create the workflow myself and put myself on as a responsible ppl. it works fine. But when another one creates the flow and put me on as a responsible ppl. nothing happens. Nor, when I create an item and put my colleagues as responsible ppl. it does not create an event in their calendars. Does anybody know how to solve this? 

The Workflows run successfully, but nothing ends up in the calendars. I have tried on my colleagues as well. test3.JPG

test.JPGtest2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Add a new item in list creates an event in outlook calendar

Creating a connection to Office 365 Outlook connector with a group account or calendar is not supported in Microsoft Flow. If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum.

This can be accomplished as a SharePoint Calendar which is basically as SharePoint list. See the SharePoint Connector documentation for a complete list capabilities, specifically the create/update item actions. 

Check out some of these templates for inspiration and ideas:

You can also see Using a SharePoint Calendar in Flow

👨🏼‍💻 If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Creating a connection to Office 365 Outlook connector with a group account or calendar is not supported in Microsoft Flow. If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum.

This can be accomplished as a SharePoint Calendar which is basically as SharePoint list. See the SharePoint Connector documentation for a complete list capabilities, specifically the create/update item actions. 

Check out some of these templates for inspiration and ideas:

You can also see Using a SharePoint Calendar in Flow

👨🏼‍💻 If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

View solution in original post

JHS2020 Resolver I
Resolver I

But why am I not able to connect from my own account to start the flow, and then when people add people to the responsible ppl. an email event will be sent to them`?

I am not looking for connecting to a group account or calendar - But be able to select some people in a list and then send reminders? Shouldn't flows be able to work together with others in the company besides the own making the flow?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,934)