cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Priscila_L
Frequent Visitor

'Add a row into a table' is creating duplicate rows

Hello,

I have built a flow to get response details from a Form and add a row to a table, however, every time a Form is submitted two rows are added with slight variations (e.g. the request type appears in brackets in one row, row one: printing row two: ["printing"].)

This was not happening when I first created the flow, it had been working successfully for about 3 weeks. Could anyone suggest why this might be happening and how I could fix it? 

Many thanks,

Priscila 

Capture 1.PNGCapture 2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your reply @v-litu-msft . It turned out that because the Form was originally built out of the excel sheet (i.e. 'insert', 'form') the Form itself was adding one row and the flow another. 

I just created a new document. 

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Priscila_L ,

Can you see the two same rows creations in the running history?

If you can see them, it means the Flow was fired twice; If you can't see them, maybe there is some wrong happened on the "Add a row into a table" action, you could delete the action then recreate a new one to try.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply @v-litu-msft . It turned out that because the Form was originally built out of the excel sheet (i.e. 'insert', 'form') the Form itself was adding one row and the flow another. 

I just created a new document. 

Thanks again!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-litu-msftHello,

I have another problem with this flow. I could get the rows and added to another excel file. But now, there is another problem. I'm testing the flow for separate excel files. Flow uploads files to onedrive correctly and merges excel file content with an excel file. But there are duplicate records for before insert end of the every flow running. Such as my first file has two records. Then I'm uploading another file, records of first files are written into the common excel again. You can find below screenshots:

1_1.PNG1_2.PNG1_3.PNG

is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks.

@Priscila_L  When you say you just created a new document, did you just create a new Excel spreadsheet separate from the form and add that into your flow? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,876)