cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yili_Wang

Add a row to Excel when a new email arrives (avoid email response being captured)

Hi,

I'm working on a cloud flow: when a new email (sent to a specific DL) arrives, it will then be recorded as a new row into excel. However, I came across an issue with email responses also being captured, is there any way to disregard those being added to excel, so it's always the first email? I tried to add a condition to remove emails with subject that contains either "re:" or "fw:" but that does not include the scenario when the first email is sent from a reply or forward.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sophia

2 REPLIES 2
v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Yili_Wang 

Do you want to extract the content from new email and the latest reply in an email thread?

I set up a simple flow, you can refer to below screenshots to see if it helps.

vLilyWmsft_1-1646963899324.png

Expression:
trim(split(outputs('Html_to_text')?['body'],'From:')[0])

vLilyWmsft_2-1646963913749.png

When I receive an new email, it will extract the content.

vLilyWmsft_3-1646963999616.png

vLilyWmsft_4-1646964021559.png

When I receive an email thread, only the latest reply will be extracted.

vLilyWmsft_7-1646964193875.pngvLilyWmsft_6-1646964152210.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my reply helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yili_Wang

Thanks Lily.

However, this is not something I was looking for. I know how to set up a flow to add a new row in Excel whenever a new email is sent to a DL. I will extract information like sender's email address, email subject from the email. However, what I'm trying to avoid is that when someone replies to the thread, that response email won't be added as a new row. I would love to extract the information from only the first email of each thread.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,110)