cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erincannon1
Frequent Visitor

Add a timeout?

I have a flow that kicks off every 30 minutes.  In the past this has taken less than 5 minutes to run, but in the last few weeks it's become longer and longer and some instances have run longer than 7 days.  Is there a way to add a time limit to the flow so the ones that are hung up for some reason do not continue to run with the old data?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @erincannon1 

Currently it's not possible to add a timeout to an action, although you can vote for it in UserVoice: Dynamic Timeout for Flow Actions - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

On the other hand, I would check the flow and have a look why it hangs up.

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @erincannon1 

Currently it's not possible to add a timeout to an action, although you can vote for it in UserVoice: Dynamic Timeout for Flow Actions - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

On the other hand, I would check the flow and have a look why it hangs up.

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

erincannon1
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, Ferran. I have voted for the feature.

As far as I can tell, nothing is wrong with the flow.  Once I killed all the running instances it is back to running in around 5 minutes.  Here is a screenshot of one of the steps that was hung up for 3 days before completing. And there's not a substep of the condition that took a particularly long time.  I've been having a lot of issues with the resources being unavailable probably due to throttling, so I'm going to guess that was why some were hung.

erincannon1_0-1611168372933.png

I did go ahead and change the concurrency controls on the trigger to only run one at a time.  Hopefully that will stop any additional issues with this flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,023)