cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erincannon1
Frequent Visitor

Add a timeout?

I have a flow that kicks off every 30 minutes.  In the past this has taken less than 5 minutes to run, but in the last few weeks it's become longer and longer and some instances have run longer than 7 days.  Is there a way to add a time limit to the flow so the ones that are hung up for some reason do not continue to run with the old data?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @erincannon1 

Currently it's not possible to add a timeout to an action, although you can vote for it in UserVoice: Dynamic Timeout for Flow Actions - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

On the other hand, I would check the flow and have a look why it hangs up.

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @erincannon1 

Currently it's not possible to add a timeout to an action, although you can vote for it in UserVoice: Dynamic Timeout for Flow Actions - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

On the other hand, I would check the flow and have a look why it hangs up.

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

erincannon1
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, Ferran. I have voted for the feature.

As far as I can tell, nothing is wrong with the flow.  Once I killed all the running instances it is back to running in around 5 minutes.  Here is a screenshot of one of the steps that was hung up for 3 days before completing. And there's not a substep of the condition that took a particularly long time.  I've been having a lot of issues with the resources being unavailable probably due to throttling, so I'm going to guess that was why some were hung.

erincannon1_0-1611168372933.png

I did go ahead and change the concurrency controls on the trigger to only run one at a time.  Hopefully that will stop any additional issues with this flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,908)