cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexpett

Add custom amount of rows to excel table based on criteria set in forms

Hi,

I am trying to build a flow where I can let the user decide how many rows that need to be added in a excel table based on their input in forms.

For example, the user says "9" rows are needed in the form. Then this amount of rows are added in the excel table. 

Can you help me?

1 REPLY 1
v-tiribe
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @Alexpett ,

If you want to create a specific number of rows based on customer's input, you can try to check if with the Do Until control you are able to.

The logic i followed is that you have the number of rows you want in a variable and decrement it after a row is created and allow the next one to be created as well.

On below flow test, i am initializing a variable with a fixed value, on your case, it will be the customer's input and then i addded a condition so that the excel action can stop.

v-tiribe_0-1618485464823.png

On your scenario, you may need to place other verifications such as limit the number the users can place in the form otherwise the actions the flow will consume could hit the Flow Limits. 

Please have a look and if you think it was useful, let me know.

Best regards,

Tiago Ribeiro | Power Platform Support Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (53,042)