cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Javargas
Level: Powered On

Add information to approval response and update sharepoint item

Hello, 

I am working on a approval flow, in wich I get the email request once a new item is created on the sharepoint. I am also able to send the responde to the creator of the request. 

Now I want to add some information to that request answer and also update some colums in the sharepoint list with the information that is added to the request answer.

Any help would be great, thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Add information to approval response and update sharepoint item

Hi @Javargas ,

To update some columns in the SharePoint list with the information that is added to the request answer, do you want to update the list columns with Responses comments, Response, etc.? Please share more details on it.

I have made a simple flow likes below for your reference.

When an item is created in SharePoint list, start an approval action, then update the item with value from the approval action, such as Responses comments, and the Response.

An image likes below:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

What you are seeking is possible and quite easily achieved within an Approval Flow. You'd simply add steps to the Flow after each approval step to perform the SharePoint List item changes as required. Here is an example mockup:UpdateMultipleLists.PNGOfficial Approval Flow Documentation

Documentation for how to get the most out of Flow: 

Free Training: 

The Flow training sessions above provide the basic building blocks of knowledge to add and create the changes and additions that you are seeking to an approval Flow.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Javargas ,

To update some columns in the SharePoint list with the information that is added to the request answer, do you want to update the list columns with Responses comments, Response, etc.? Please share more details on it.

I have made a simple flow likes below for your reference.

When an item is created in SharePoint list, start an approval action, then update the item with value from the approval action, such as Responses comments, and the Response.

An image likes below:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Javargas

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Javargas

Say you have column A, B, C and D. Whehn the item is created, fill information in A and B, and when the approval is made, in the response message, the responder can add the values to C and D column

Is there a way to add custom information to the response beside the response comments? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 260 members 5,714 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: