Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carl__D
Helper I
Helper I

Add members to SharePoint Communication site

Hello, 

I have a flow that automates the provisioning of a Communication site using the 'Send an HTTP request to SharePoint' connector:

Carl__D_0-1624887962302.png

I'm using the Body to add an owner but struggling to find a way to add another owner and some members, is it possible in Flow/Graph?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Expiscornovus
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Carl__D,

I am not really sure if this supported since in the interface you also don't have the option to add additional owners in the create communication site wizard. 

However, after it has been created you should be able to add members to the Owners SharePoint group via one or a couple of Send an HTTP request actions.

Another (imo a cleaner) option would be to apply a site design (or should I say site template now 😅) and add this site script code to it. This was you only need to update the SiteDesignId in the body of your Send an HTTP request:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/site-design-json-schema#ad...

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,801)