cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MasterDesaster

Add picture to planner task by using Flow

Hi all,

I am working on a simple Document workflow.

Once a PDF-File is added to a sharepoint folder.

The flow already takes the PDF- creates a PDF/A Version and Pictures from the original PDF (in separate folders)

adds a task to a specific Planner Board (I called it "DMS"), and adds the link to the PDF/A to the new Task.

This is working fine and the colleagues appreciate the new way of processing the documents....

To get a better overview and I would like to show the picture of the PDFs first page in the Task ... but I did not find any possibility to add the specific picture to the task using flow....

Anyone any idea how I can achive that PDF-preview in the task?

Alex

2 REPLIES 2
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MasterDesaster ,

To extract first page from PDFs, you will need a third-party connector:

https://www.encodian.com/blog/split-and-extract-pages-from-a-pdf-document-with-power-automate/

You can create and save the images in a SP library for future use:

Solved: Create Planner Task and Include Attachments From O... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

So you can update the newly created task details and attach the image.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

MasterDesaster

Hi @v-jefferni ,

thank you for the answer.   The part of creating the picture and saving it to a SP folder for future use ... I have been able to solve already ....

The part I am struggeling with, is how to attach the created picture now to the planner task using flow.

(In a way that the picture is showing up in the overview and gives a preview of the document to work with / the attached PDF) 

Best regards,

Alex

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,038)