cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicola1

Add row to a table - first row!

Dear Community

I need your help to solve this issue.

I have a flow that writes a new record in an Excel table once a new form response is received.

I "simply" need that the new record is written in the first row of the table and not in the last one.
It's more useful for me to have the last records always at the top of the table.

I try to sort the table by the DateTime, but the sort is ignored and the new record is always written at the end.

Is there a way to force the sort or to write starting from the top?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Serbay
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi Nicola,
It is possible if excel files stored in the cloud and you have office 365. You can create a custom logic by using an office script. Then add the "run script" action at the end of your flow.

For more information,
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/scripts/overview/excel
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/scripts/tutorials/excel-power-automate-manual

Regards,
Serbay

Dear Serbay,

It seems a good solution but the "run script" action has a limit of 200 executions a day and it's not enough for me.

I have an error 403 - Out of call volume quota.

I don't think it's possible to increase the limit quota. So, do you kindly have another solution for my issue?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (67,593)