cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JC64

Add/updated/deleted event in Gmail calendar when added/updated/deleted in Outlook 365

Trying to set up a flow that will create/update/delete events in my Gmail calendar when I create/update/delete events in my Outlook 365 calendar.  Have set up 3 parallel actions - one for create, one for update, one for delete - but only the create action seems to be working.  Is there a different way to set this up other than with parallel actions?  Or is there something that needs to be created to trigger each parallel action differently?

2 REPLIES 2
edgonzales
Super User
Super User

@JC64 ,

Hey there.  So, the way you've got this set up, it's actually going to do all three at the same time.  The reason it's not doing anything for the other two is because the "ID" you're using is from Outlook, so GMail has no idea which thing to update or delete.

In order to do updates/deletes, you'll need some way to translate between the Outlook Event ID and the Gmail Event ID.  You can do this with a table or list in a spreadsheet or SharePoint or something.  This won't help for any existing events, but as things are added, you'll have the ID's for both sides in that table.

You'll probably also want to look at the "Action Type" coming out of the trigger.  This will tell you if it's a new event, or one to be updated, or deleted.  Then you can use something called a "Switch" to run down a different path for each (similar to what you did with the parallel actions).

I did this article a while back.  It's going the opposite way (from GMail to Outlook), but the principles are the same:

Calendar Sync with Switch in Power Automate / Flow

Take a look at that and see if that helps.  Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

JC64

Thanks Ed.  Beyond my capabilities unfortunately, but do appreciate the suggestion.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,414)