cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djklfhlkjghdlkf
Frequent Visitor

Add username to Sharepoint List column

I have a Sharepoint List that has various customer names that a Flow checks against and sends an email alert if we've not received a backup email from them today.

If a customer is having some long term works carried out there is a "Send Alert" column that we change to "no" so that we don't get alerts from them during an expected downtime.

I'd like an additional username column that gets filled in automatically with the name of the logged-on user who changed the "Send Alert" field to "no". Is this possible? If so I presume we'd also be able to add another column with the date that "No" was entered.

1 REPLY 1
danielbazetto
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @djklfhlkjghdlkf ,

I am not sure how your Flow is setup now, but you can do what you have described. I know this is a simplest way of explaining but it would help if you give us more info about what your Flow does at this moment. Taking in consideration what you have mentioned you could create the column on the SPO list, so when running the Flow you use the action "Update Item" using the value of the response from the user who updated that item.

Perhaps a good approach also would be create a separated flow that is triggered when that Specific field is changed to No, with that you would have the user who modified on the response so the update item would come after it.

SPO Connector documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,652)