cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andydef34

Adding Attachments to Approval

I have a workflow for drawing requests and approvals.  the first part of the workflow is working.  the request is created, and the request is directed to the correct person to create the drawing.  when the user creates the drawing, the drawing needs to be approved.  the user has the email with options of who to send it to to approve the drawing, how can i add the drawing at this point and have it flow with the rest of the emails/approvals going forward?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @andydef34 

Maybe you can request UserB to save the drawn drawing in the specify folder, and then write the name of the file with extension in the approval comment.

Then find the file according to the file name in the specify folder, and append the file to the variable for storing files.

Finally, send an approval to UserC with the variable.

vLilyWmsft_0-1635840989159.png

vLilyWmsft_1-1635841021888.png

vLilyWmsft_2-1635841045967.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Gopala_Krishna
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@andydef34 

Please check the article shared below, it has the steps that explains the process of adding Attachments to approval request.

https://www.technostack.co.in/post/add-multiple-attachments-to-approval-action-in-power-automate

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the information shared helps, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍  and mark solution as resolved

andydef34

I can get attachments into the approval process when it starts, i need to add more attachments once the approval process is started.  User A sends approval to User B with two attachments.  User B does work with the two attachments and creates a third attachment.  How can i add the third attachment to the approval process so User C sees all the attachments?

Hi @andydef34 

Maybe you can request UserB to save the drawn drawing in the specify folder, and then write the name of the file with extension in the approval comment.

Then find the file according to the file name in the specify folder, and append the file to the variable for storing files.

Finally, send an approval to UserC with the variable.

vLilyWmsft_0-1635840989159.png

vLilyWmsft_1-1635841021888.png

vLilyWmsft_2-1635841045967.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

DragonLord
Helper III
Helper III

is it possible to attach from SQL server image fields?

or do the attachments only work in Sharepoint

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,773)