cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding Content from Email Attachment into Excel Table

I get a standard email every morning and I open the attachment and copy the content then paste into another table and sort, filter and dedupe.  This would be perfect to automate as the sort, filter, and dedupe can be done through the query connection in the Excel table. 

However I am running into a slight issue with my flow.  I have it triggered when that specific email arrives and I want to grab the content and add it into a table.  However if I use update file then my history is gone and I need to keep the history (hence I sort and filter to keep most current on top (i.e descending order on date). 

How do I dynamically add these rows when I am not presented with the dynamic information?

Capture add row table.PNG 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you mean to add the records in the Excel table contained in the attachment to the specified table?

It seems that this is difficult to achieve because we first need to get the data in the Attchment and need to be able to traverse them.

But when we configure List rows present in a table action, generally we can only configure the saved Excel file.

In your existing configuration, the file has not yet been created. The file will be generated when Flow finishes running, so we cannot use it when configuring Flow. There is also no suitable way to parse out Dynamic content for use.

Please check online doc and get more details about Excel online connector:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/connectors/excelonlinebusiness/#known-issues-and-limitations

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you please explain what you meant by history is gone?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous  Maeby you could do this.

When you insert the rows into a table then you can wait some period of time like 10s to read again the content. Then If you want to filter someting you can use Filter Array and this can allow you to compare a colum and if exist the output wil be only the rows that are the same to the value compared, after that you can add rows in other excel table if you want.

filter.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you mean to add the records in the Excel table contained in the attachment to the specified table?

It seems that this is difficult to achieve because we first need to get the data in the Attchment and need to be able to traverse them.

But when we configure List rows present in a table action, generally we can only configure the saved Excel file.

In your existing configuration, the file has not yet been created. The file will be generated when Flow finishes running, so we cannot use it when configuring Flow. There is also no suitable way to parse out Dynamic content for use.

Please check online doc and get more details about Excel online connector:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/connectors/excelonlinebusiness/#known-issues-and-limitations

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  I figured it had something to do with that.  I will do two flows and trigger the second one on the creation of the file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,449)