cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alanisp22
Helper II
Helper II

Adding Excel Data to SharePoint List by Using Union for Three Different Linked Values

Hello,

I have an excel spreadsheet in SharePoint where the inputted data needs to added to three different SharePoint lists. What would be the best route to go if I need to complete the import in this particular way:

Step 1. Pull all unique client names using union and compare them to the existing client Id list. If the client name exists proceed to step 2. If the client name does not exist, create it in the Client Id list and then proceed to step 2.  - Accomplished this part. I am just stuck on achieving step 2 & step 3. 

Step 2. Take all of the project names tied to the grouped client id (from the same excel file data), group unique names, and then compare to an existing project name. If the project name exists proceed to step 3. If the project name doesn't exist, create it in the project name list and then proceed to step 3.  - This is where I am stuck. Right now I have all the project names tied to the unique client names, but they are all displaying as separate arrays. 

Step 3.  Pull all the 'units' tied to the unique projects and compare the unit names to an existing "Units Available" SharePoint list. If the unit's name doesn't exist create it under the Units Available list. If it does exist, no action is needed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alanisp22
Helper II
Helper II

Solved this by continuing the "Append an Array" with each resulting value. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@Alanisp22  So overall thought of this is that you are building three level of filtering and creating item if item does not exist at any level. Can you share screen of your second level?.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh

@Hardesh15 Hi! Here's what I have so far:

Alanisp22_0-1612908042221.png

I am able to group the unique account names and compare them against the account list in SP. I just need to figure out the new step; how to group the project names and find the unique values to compare them against my Project name SP list.

Alanisp22_1-1612908389315.png

What's the best way to group my filtered project names? 

Alanisp22
Helper II
Helper II

Solved this by continuing the "Append an Array" with each resulting value. 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,842)