cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding Flow Button to SharePoint List Item

I'm looking to add a button to each SharePoint list item that is automatically updated via a Flow connecting a community Form to our SharePoint list. 

The Form collects user suggestions, then the row is automatically updated when the response is submitted. I would like to add a generic 'mailto:user@jtsfs.com' action to the button, and pull information from that row item. For instance, when I click the said button, it opens a new email in my desktop Outlook application, drafts the email to the original Form responder (that info is a column in this SP list), includes some other meta information, and that is how I will follow up with users. 

How do I add a clickable button as a column item, name if something generic, and have it automatically open a new email for me to input my own questions to follow up with the employee?

If you can think of a better way to solve this problem, please let me know! 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Adding Flow Button to SharePoint List Item

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that this is a good idea, but unfortunately, through Flow's existing connectors and actions, some features are not available.

If you want to add a button as a column item, you could refer to this link.

jsonactionablebutton

Or you want the button inside the list to trigger Flow, you could provide the following methods in the link:

Button-in-sharepoint-list-to-trigger-microsoft-flow

Then Flow has no function to operate on the local Outlook client, which is the part that Flow has not yet covered currently.

Besides, please consider submit this as an idea in the Microsoft Flow idea forum, so some feature might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Dorul
Level 8

Re: Adding Flow Button to SharePoint List Item

Hi @Anonymous

You`re probably aware of this, just making sure: if you hover your mouse cursor over the name in Created by, you get the option to send a mail (at least, it does here, to me 🙂 ) and if you want to send a link in email with the sharepoint item so the user would know what are you talking about,  you can click on sharepoint item and upthere you have Copy link

I know this isnt what you wanted, requires 3 clicks instead of 1, but it does the job 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 131 members 5,330 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: