cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deej
Frequent Visitor

Adding Run-Only users to Flow in Solution not allowing groups

I have a requirement where I need to run a flow across multiple document libraries so I have adopted using Solutions so I can gain access to the Child Flow options. 

My scenario is I need to copy files from a SharePoint site that holds our document templates into a folder defined by a user. Each user has their own document library. These are run from the Automate menu in SharePoint.

The parent flows are triggered from a selected file (SharePoint folder) and this passes the Current Document Library Name, ID of the selected folder and the template category to the child flow. The child flow (Manually trigger a flow) then searches the Template site for all documents with the defined template category (managed term set) and copies them into the folder the parent flow was run on.

I have this working correctly for me without issue.

My problem now stems from being able to share the relevant flows I have built. Access needs to be given to multiple team members, so I need to achieve this via adding a group / team.

Under Invite system users or teams in the Manage run-only permissions dialog, I can select a team and it is successfully added to the list. However, once I hit save the dialog window closes (without error) but no changes are saved to the permissions. The Currently shared with section is now blank. I have attempted with multiple teams but have the same issue. 

Adding groupAfter save
deej_0-1652220572282.png

deej_1-1652220571976.png

deej_2-1652220572301.png

Does anybody have any idea what is going on here? I am new to using Solutions with Power Automate so there may be something obvious I am missing. Adding a single user works without issue but this is impractical to manage as we onboard new team members.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
deej
Frequent Visitor

Hey @CraigWaterhouse,

I ended up posting this in the specific Power Apps forum Solved: Re: Adding Run-Only users to Flow in Solution not ... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.... and updated there but forgot to here. 

See the link above for the full break down + links but the answer ended up being having to create an Azure AD security group then in your Power Apps Environment create a Team and link to the group.

It appears the only groups you can link are Teams created in the Power Apps Environment, not regular 365 Groups. Which is frustrating as it lists these as pickable options when you search... 

Hope this solves your issue!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CraigWaterhouse
Regular Visitor

Did you find a solution to this? I have exactly the same issue

deej
Frequent Visitor

Hey @CraigWaterhouse,

I ended up posting this in the specific Power Apps forum Solved: Re: Adding Run-Only users to Flow in Solution not ... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.... and updated there but forgot to here. 

See the link above for the full break down + links but the answer ended up being having to create an Azure AD security group then in your Power Apps Environment create a Team and link to the group.

It appears the only groups you can link are Teams created in the Power Apps Environment, not regular 365 Groups. Which is frustrating as it lists these as pickable options when you search... 

Hope this solves your issue!

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (4,232)