Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Adding Time/Date from SharePoint extracted list

Hello all, 

I'm having some issues incorporating the time into my flow. 

I've attached some images referencing my issue.

My Flow is extracting the date in the proper format from my SharePoint and being sent in an email (ex. Tuesday 4/14/2020); however, I would like to include the time for that date as well. I am currently on EST.

I do have to do some modification on the SharePoint side. For example, when I want to send a message at 12:30PM EST I need to have the notification in SharePoint for 9:30AM, I assume this is because it's using UTC. Any suggestions on how to fix the following would be appreciated.

1. How to get SharePoint to recognize standard EST (as of right now I need to set the reminder 3 hours before I actually want it to send. Ex. Set reminder 1 in SharePoint for 9:30AM and I will receive the email at 12:30PM EST.)

2. How to attach the time to my emails (right now I'm getting something like "You will receive a second reminder on Wednesday 04/08/2020." However, I would like it to say "You will receive a second reminder on Wednesday 04/0/2020 at 4:00PM" or whatever the time may be in the SharePoint list. 

The flow is composed of 10 compose cards, which then parallel into 3 "delay until" for reminder 1, 2, 3, then an automated email through outlook using dynamic data from the SharePoint list. For example the compose cards are formatted as follows: Reminder 1 - compose ("dynamic reminder 1 data from SharePoint list'), compose 2 - formatDateTime(outputs('Reminder_1'),'dddd MM/dd/yyyy')

This is where I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate the appropriate time. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your help! 

Automation Reminder.PNGAutomation Reminder1.PNGFlow.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Adding Time/Date from SharePoint extracted list

Hi @RP2 ,

If you want to convert time zone, please try to use Convert time zone action and you could use it format date and time.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/working-with-dates-and-times/

If you won't get the future time, please try to use Add to time action.

Similarly, if you want to format the date, you could use formatDateTime() function. For example,  I will use the following expression to format  the time output by Add to time action:

53.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!

Timezones and DelayUntil... Seems to be a similar problem as the one described here

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Delay-until-action-of-flow/td-p/73065

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@efialttes  Thank you for replying so quickly.

I'm not sure if that helps solve my problem. I currently have the emails coming in as follows: "You will receive a second reminder on Thursday 04/09/2020." However, I want to append the time the next reminder will send to the end of the dates. For example, I'm trying to get this result - "You will receive a second reminder on Thursday 04/09/2020 at 12:30PM." 

Unfortunately, the "YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM: SSZ" expression gave me the following results: "You will receive a second reminder on YYYY-04-DDT18:04: SSZ" 

I'm not as concerned about having to enter the reminder time in SharePoint for 3 hours early. i.e. set the reminder in SharePoint at 9:30AM and actually receive the reminder at 12:30PM EST. I'm more interesting in appending the appropriate time to the end of the date when the reminder email comes in.

Thanks again for all of your help! 

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!
Understood. I would try the following
formatDateTime(outputs('Reminder_1'),'dddd MM/dd/yyyy at hh:mm tt')

Not with my laptop, info obtained from
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/base-types/custom-date-and-time-format-strings
Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RP2 ,

If you want to convert time zone, please try to use Convert time zone action and you could use it format date and time.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/working-with-dates-and-times/

If you won't get the future time, please try to use Add to time action.

Similarly, if you want to format the date, you could use formatDateTime() function. For example,  I will use the following expression to format  the time output by Add to time action:

53.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,485)