cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TMProgUser
Frequent Visitor

Adding a Co-Owner to Power App using Power Automate

Hi.  I am trying to add a user as a co-owner to every power app in our environment.  I have seen several different videos on how to do this, and I have been successful in adding the user as the owner of the app.  The problem I am having is that I want the original power app creator to remain as the primary owner and make the new user the co-owner.  I have not found a way to add the new user as only the co-owner of the power app and not the primary owner other than adding the new user and then switching it back to the original owner in the next step of the flow. 

Does anyone have any advice on how to do this without having to add this extra step?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TMProgUser
Frequent Visitor

I posted this topic in the Power Apps community and received a response there that resolved my issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
David_MA
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Below is how I do this:

David_MA_0-1669052544602.png

In the trigger I prompt for the e-mail of the person I want to add as an owner. It does not replace me as the primary owner, it just adds the specified person.

TMProgUser
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for responding.  Will this work for Power Apps too?  I see you have an example of updating flows and I am looking to update Power Apps.

David_MA
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I need to read posts more carefully 🙂 It will only work for Power Automate flows. I don't have any Power Apps, but there may be similar functionality to do the same. You may want to post your question in the Power Apps Community instead of the Power Automate Community to avoid confusion around your question: Power Apps Community - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Sorry...

TMProgUser
Frequent Visitor

I posted this topic in the Power Apps community and received a response there that resolved my issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,103)