cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding a new option to a SharePoint Choice column

Hi All,

I have a choice column in SharePoint. It only has one option as of now (mandatory) in the column settings.

This column will be a multiple choice column to define the assigned user.

How can I populate this column with flow?

I have tried to follow steps as shown here

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/SharePoint/Add-a-new-choice-option-to-a-Choice-site-column-in...

But cannot replicate the success

Any help will be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is the list itself identified in the Flow REST call?  Is it within the URI, where you have blacked out, I would substitute the GUID of the list that needs to be have its choices updated?

Also, are the "Fields" in the "add fields here" section, the actual list of choices to be added/updated?

Ideally, I would use Flow to go to the list that has the choices I want (a list of several hundred home addresses), put that into an array, then use the array/variable instead of the field names, so that this Flow could run every night on a timer, and the list of choices would be kept up to date.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,292)