Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jay312
Helper V
Helper V

Adding a user to an Outlook Group?

Hello.

Is it possible to add a user to an outlook group?

In my flow, user fills in a sharepoint list form. Once they fill that in I want to add them to an outlook group.

Please see my pictures for what I tried already. I ran into an error (see pic). 

image.pngimage.png

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jay312 ,

It seems that this user is already a member of the current group. This is an expected result!

In addition, Created by email is already the user principal name, you can no longer use Search for users action.

You can directly fill Created by Email and then User Principal Name field.

Please take a try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jay312 ,

It seems that this user is already a member of the current group. This is an expected result!

In addition, Created by email is already the user principal name, you can no longer use Search for users action.

You can directly fill Created by Email and then User Principal Name field.

Please take a try again.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

hello @v-bacao-msft  Thanks for reply!

Ok great. So I deleted the search user thing and tested it with just 'add a member to a group'. And also yes the user was in the group already.

It seemed to have worked perfectly. Is this what you meant?

Final question.

If I want to add people to a public group, do you know how to get the 'User ID' value if it does not show up on the drop down list?

I opened the group in outlook online and looked at the link at the top which said 

'UsersGroup/email/id/AAQkA......... ' I tried the long last set of characters (aaq... etc) but it did not work.

Is this the correct way to manually find the ID number?image.png

Hi @jay312 ,

Do you mean that you want to get the id of the group?

Here we can only choose Office 365 group, you can use List groups that I own and belong to action to get the group id, check the body, and get the group id.

You need to have permission to add a user to the specified group because the connection of action is created based on your account, this is the point to note.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Hello @v-bacao-msft ,

Great that makes sense. So if I have a service account that is admin of a public group, I can add e.g. 100 random users to it no problem using this flow?

Thanks!

Yep.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,742)