cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlengacher
Frequent Visitor

Adding an Update item step at the end breaks the flow

I have a "Complete a custom action for a selected item" flow for a SharePoint task list. Here's how it's supposed to run:

1. For a selected item trigger
  2. Get item (the selected item)
  3. Create item on a another list
  4. Update item: Update one yes/no field on the original list containing the selected item.

This flow works just fine if it only includes Steps 1-3 as shown below.

A successful 3 step flow.A successful 3 step flow.

However, when I add the last Update item step, the flow suddenly stops working at step 2 with the following error message: 

The API 'sharepointonline' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'Get_item' of type 'OpenApiConnection'. Error details: 'The API operation 'GetItem' is missing required property 'body/Title'.' 

The flow fails at step 2 after adding the Update item step at the end.The flow fails at step 2 after adding the Update item step at the end.

Any ideas? I do not understand how adding step 4 can suddenly break step 2 or interfere with the information from step 1 when it was working before step 4 was added?

By the way, all required fields are filled in the Update item step.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rlengacher,

I tested it on my side but not find the issue. Could you please have a try that deletes the action then recreate it again?

Screenshot 2020-11-26 174727.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rlengacher,

I tested it on my side but not find the issue. Could you please have a try that deletes the action then recreate it again?

Screenshot 2020-11-26 174727.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,283)