Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecrevisse
Helper II
Helper II

Adding and substract with Power Automate from Sharepoint List

Hi Everyone 🙂 

I have two scenarios:

1. If the user clicks the "Release Room" button, the room will be released and the "List of rooms" database with rooms will change the value of the column: "Currently staying" from 9 to 10 (adding).
  2. If the user clicks the Reserve button, the record will be added to the Sharepoint list and the room will be reserved and the value of the "Currently staying" column will be changed from 10 to 9 (subtraction)

The flow will be triggered using the buttons in the Power Apps app.
What functions should I use to build these two flows?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Think you need to provide a little more infomration as far as what your trying to achieve and what your buttons actually are.

But as far as power automate goes you would use Update Item to update a SharePoint item.

You would use the express add() or sub() to add or subtract a number. You would use Get Item to get the item that you are adding and substracting to.

View solution in original post

ecrevisse
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks @Gristy  i did do it 🙂 and work 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3
Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Think you need to provide a little more infomration as far as what your trying to achieve and what your buttons actually are.

But as far as power automate goes you would use Update Item to update a SharePoint item.

You would use the express add() or sub() to add or subtract a number. You would use Get Item to get the item that you are adding and substracting to.

ecrevisse
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks @Gristy  i did do it 🙂 and work 🙂 

dmclaughlin
Helper V
Helper V

I'm trying to also use the sub in an update item and it keeps saying it needs a number even though column in sharepoint list is a number

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,953)