Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickas
Helper V
Helper V

Adding column to Sharepoint using Power Automate

Hello,

I would like to ask how to add a column in sharepoint using Power Automate. Now I have current result - I am able to attach file to Sharepoint but how to make to add new column with sender email address field? What step to use? 

6 REPLIES 6
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@nickas there's no action in Power Automate to add a column to a SharePoint list. Why not just add the column yourself to SharePoint then use, for example, the Update Item action.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

@RobElliott I have attached file in Sharepoint. Now I need to see email address of sender in separate column in Sharepoint. How accomlplish this? Because email address appears in same column where attached file exists. I need to separate attached  file name and sender email address.

ThomasDK
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @nickas 

Use the SP connector called "Send an HTTP request to Sharepoint".

ThomasDK_0-1640858378983.png

Here I create a column for email "CC" UPNs:

ThomasDK_1-1640858448980.png

There are different "FieldTypeKind" depending on what column type you need. Check these out:

Microsoft.SharePoint.Client namespace () | Microsoft Docs

FieldChoice members (Microsoft.SharePoint.Client) | Microsoft Docs

FieldType Enum (Microsoft.SharePoint.Client) | Microsoft Docs <-- Especially this one

FieldType enumeration (Microsoft.SharePoint.Client) | Microsoft Docs

E.g. "Date" is made like this

{
'__metadata': {'type':'SP.FieldDateTime'},
'FieldTypeKind': 4,
'Title': 'Date Recieved',
'StaticName': 'Date Recieved'
}

..and Multichoise is made like this:

{
'__metadata': {'type':'SP.FieldMultiChoice'},
'FieldTypeKind': 15,
'Title': 'Opgaveresultat',
'StaticName': 'Opgaveresultat',
'Choices': { 'results': ['Godkendt','Afvist']}
}

I hope it helps?

BR,

Thomas  

Hello @ThomasDK  I already have a column with name "Email address" how I can make that running my flow sender email will be inserted in that column? What I have to add? Here is my flow:

nickas_0-1640859524978.png

nickas_0-1640859706990.png

Hi @nickas 

OK, so you add a column as described above (if it is not already there) and then you save all the attachments and use the "Update Item" Sharepoint connector to set the "sender Email" with your newly saved "sender email" (From, I think it is called) value. 

@nickas 

emailFrom.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (2,470)