Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Biccbacc
Level: Powered On

Adding data to a survey going from Forms to Power BI

Hi!

I am just learnin about flow, forms and power BI. I want to use theese apps to gather, organize and visualize different kinds of data. 

As a learning project, I want set up an activity-registration for all employees in my company. 

Every year we have a competitin with prizes to employees who run/walk or bike  more than X days. There are also prizes for most km run, most km on a bike, most total registrations etc. We are a lot of emplyees, in different divisons and located in different cities.  I want to simplify the registration (Forms), data collection (Flow), data storage and organization (excel or sharepoint list) and visualize the data for everyone (power BI)

So Far, I have made the Forms, collected the data and sent it to power BI and published it to a website. All good. 

Problem:

I dont want everyone to add "division" and " city" to the registration every day. We allready have that information in our list of employees. 

How do I add data about "division" and "city" to every registration? I need this data in Power BI, so that I can make graphs and leaderboards based on city and division. 

I have a list of all employees, with name, email, division and city. I will also soon have hundreds of registrations from Forms with Name, email, km, date and mode of transportation. My list of employees exists both as a sharepointlist and  can get a copy in excel. 

Where do I combine the data? With flow from a sharepoint-list or excel? Or direclty in PowerBI?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Adding data to a survey going from Forms to Power BI

Hi @Biccbacc ,

If Data Source used by Power BI is SharePoint Online, you could get the city and division corresponding to Responder by submitting information of the form.

Then update the data to the SharePoint List which is used be a Data Source.

And set the schedule refresh in Power BI, and get the latest data contained in the List every once in a while.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Biccbacc
Level: Powered On

Re: Adding data to a survey going from Forms to Power BI

Thank you for trying to help. Unfortunately, I do not understand what you mean. 

If Data Source used by Power BI is SharePoint Online, you could get the city and division corresponding to Responder by submitting information of the form.

How do i update the sharepoint list with city and division? And from what source?

Best Regards 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,519)