cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Power_Aissam
Level: Powered On

Adding days to an existing date field using flow

Hi,

I am trying to build a flow for a task list that recreate the tasks based on a specific frequency. I have tasks that are weekly, monthly, and so on. Since the tasks don't change, my flow just takes the existing tasks and recreate them while setting the status field to outstanding and adding, for example, 7 days to the due date for a weekly task. In the images you can see that I am telling my flow to filter for only items that are created in the past 7 days to avoid  recreating the same task more than once, since the same task gets recreated every week but just with a different due date. However, I can't seem to be able to find an addDays formula that works for this specific case and tried all the solutions given to similar cases online. I think this might be due to using the Get Items action which limits the dynamic fields available to insert in the addDays formula, but I don't know any work around. I would appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance,

1.PNGimage.png3.PNG4.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Adding days to an existing date field using flow

Hi @Power_Aissam ,

Does your problem still exists?

I afraid that there are some items' DueDateW column value is null, please re-check the column's value in the list.

Also you could add a Check inside your Condition as below:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Power_Aissam 

You can try using this expression:

addDays(items('Apply_to_each')?['DueDatew'],7)

Note: You can access the fields for the current item of the list by using the items(loopname)?['column name']. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Power_Aissam

Hi @yashag2255 

Thanks for your reply. I keep getting this error message even if I changed the column type of DueDateW to date & time. It is quite frustrating. I would apprecite your insights.

1.PNG

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Power_Aissam 

Can you confirm that there is data in the DueDatew field in SP? The error states that this field is null (has no value/inputs stored)

Power_Aissam

Hi @yashag2255 ,

Yes, there is no null value and that's why I am confused with this error message. 

image.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Power_Aissam ,

Does your problem still exists?

I afraid that there are some items' DueDateW column value is null, please re-check the column's value in the list.

Also you could add a Check inside your Condition as below:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,720)