cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanFou
Regular Visitor

Adding rows in Excel table: A value must be provided for item.\r\nclientRequestId

I'm trying to output Planner tasks to an Excel file on OneDrive.

I'm getting the following error:

{
  "status": 400,
  "message": "A value must be provided for item.\r\nclientRequestId: ***",
  "error": {
    "message": "A value must be provided for item."
  },
  "source": "excelonline-ce.azconn-ce.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

I exported a plan to Excel, kept the headers and created my own file to populate. The table is "Table1".

power_automate_issue2.png

My task is here, very simple:

power_automate_issue.png

After having written this, perhaps the destination Excel file doesn't match the row array?

Edit #1

I compared the input row to my Excel file and two fields were missing. Perhaps this is the problem?

power_automate_issue3.png

4 REPLIES 4
happyume
Regular Visitor

When last time I worked with Planner connector, I noticed that under ListTasks, the field for completedBy and completedDateTime option will not appear if percentComplete: 0.

Can you please:

1. Create 2 test Tasks in your Planner and mark one as complete and the other as not complete

2. Run a flow which has just two steps, Manually Trigger a Flow -> List Tasks

3. Check and report whether the output have completedBy and completedDateTime field in both the tasks or just the one that was marked as complete?

Let the community know of your findings...

happyume
Regular Visitor

As a solution to your problem, ask yourself - do you really need all the columns from the Planner output?

If you click Show Advanced Options under Add a row into a table -> you should be able to manually assign values into the specific columns of your choice. I just tried this with 4 columns and it works perfectly. 😊

--

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@happyume wrote:

As a solution to your problem, ask yourself - do you really need all the columns from the Planner output?

This is a very good observation! I can most likely go through and limit the fields that I want.

Essentially, I'm copying a template from OneDrive, renaming it and using this file to copy the tasks. When I setup the File attribute, I'm selecting the Id of the OneDrive task. Then, for table, I have to manually input the table name as it's not finding it. Once I do this, I only see the option to specify a row and not individual fields.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (45,708)