cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdmillar
Frequent Visitor

Adding rows to an Excel document with a dynamic filename

Hi all;

I'm attempting to create a flow to export the contents of a document library (metadata, not document contents) to an Excel workbook.  For business purpose reasons, I'm creating the Excel workbook dynamically.  How can I configure the Add Rows action to allow me to specify a dynamic filename?  I can enter dynamic content for the filename, and enter the table name manually, but I can't figure out how to specify the list data-to-column mapping since it can't read the metadata for the Excel table due to the dynamic filename.

I hope I'm explaining that clearly enough.

Thanks,

Jason

3 REPLIES 3
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi my friend @jdmillar  possible you need to follow this example

TABLE1.PNG

TABLE2.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Jcook
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @jdmillar 

At this time Flow does not support Excel dynamic file names within the excel connector.

As a work around follow this great blog post by John Liu:

http://johnliu.net/blog/2019/5/workarounds-needed-to-use-the-excel-connector-in-microsoft-flow

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

dazmatic
Frequent Visitor

I had a similar issue to try and dynamically create an excel document based on microsoft forms responses. The way I worked around it was by having a template blank document with 2 tabs, front sheet and data. 

The front sheet duplicated the data tab in a format that could be easy to read and the data tab has a single row ID 1 where all the answers from the form get put into following a form submission.

After a minute delay to give the sharepoint site time to update, the flow would then copy the file elsewhere and blank out row ID 1 ready for the next. Concurrency of 1 means only a single instance at a time and no overlap.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (18,339)