cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tobanh

Adding to People field in Lists from Microsoft form

Hello

I am setting up a Microsoft Form to have people submit information for a List via the Approval function. 

We have a People column in the List the is required. I understand I need to make the information into an array. 

I have two fields for this information: Responder's Email and a text field. 

The Responder's Email address is in an email format so I feel this could work. We can forgo the other field and look at it better at a later date.

I have an error coming up with this flow that is related to this field. 

If anyone can assist with providing me with the next steps so the Responder's Email field is accepted.

Thank you!

Toban

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tobanh 

Has your problem been solved?

According to your description, you want to add People field in list use Responder's Email from Microsoft form.

I set up a flow on my side and  you can take a try with below screenshots.

vLilyWmsft_0-1642484151350.png

i:0#.f|membership|

vLilyWmsft_1-1642484174644.png

vLilyWmsft_2-1642484229027.png

vLilyWmsft_3-1642484259399.png

Save and test it.

When a new Form is submitted, a new item will be created.

vLilyWmsft_5-1642484813007.pngvLilyWmsft_4-1642484730176.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my reply helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ramspevi
Helper I
Helper I

Hello @tobanh , 

could you please provide a picture of your flow. 

Please make sure you are blurring sensible information.

Thanks @Ramspevi . Please see the flow below. I have removed all my attempts just so it can save. I know I have to put the people information into an array. 

At the moment, this information is coming from From - Responder's Email. I have seen that I can identify the User ID, is this helpful/recommended? 

I got really confused yesterday, so any help is much appreciated!

tobanh_1-1642038107933.png

Ramspevi
Helper I
Helper I

Hello! 

There are a few things for SharePoint 'people choice fields' to consider. 
If your people choice fiel is single choice you can just add the responder Email. 

Step 1

Ramspevi_0-1642051440559.png

Press 'Enter custom value' and insert the Responders Email

Step 2

Ramspevi_1-1642051519821.png

This will also work with multiple choice person fields if you only want to add one person.

Please be aware that your 'Create Item' is within a 'for each' Loop. This happens, when Power Automate expects multiple values from the 'Get response details'-Action. This is the case when for example you give the possibility to add files in the Forms, if there are not limited to 1 file there will be a for each loop. If the responder uploads two or more files there will be a SP List Item created for every upoloaded file. 

Another thing for you to consider would be the complete automatisation of your task. As much as I understand whats going on in your provided picture you are creating a SP Item, a Task for your Team and then you post this as notification via Teams. You can add the the information from Forms to an Approval and send that to your Team if its approved you create a Event in the Calender. 

v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tobanh 

Has your problem been solved?

According to your description, you want to add People field in list use Responder's Email from Microsoft form.

I set up a flow on my side and  you can take a try with below screenshots.

vLilyWmsft_0-1642484151350.png

i:0#.f|membership|

vLilyWmsft_1-1642484174644.png

vLilyWmsft_2-1642484229027.png

vLilyWmsft_3-1642484259399.png

Save and test it.

When a new Form is submitted, a new item will be created.

vLilyWmsft_5-1642484813007.pngvLilyWmsft_4-1642484730176.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my reply helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,050)