cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition of line items in Sharepoint list not getting picked in Flow

Hello community,

I have a happy bday email flow that sends emails to internal employees. The data of birth date, name etc is store on a sharepoint list.

With the new joiners joining , I added them in the sharepoint list without making any changes to the flow assuming that flow will pick the new joiners bday dates automatically and send emails. But it didnt, any idea why?

Or do I have to make changes every time to the flow when new data is added to sharepoint?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@vaibhavtandon87 ,

If your flow is looping through the items in the Sharepoint list, then yes, it should recognize and loop through the new data as well.

if you are using a trigger before the flow even runs to check something, I guess it depends on what is being checked in the trigger.

my suggestion would be to just run the flow solely on a recurrence and loop through the whole list every time.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@vaibhavtandon87 ,

could you provide screenshots of your flow?

thanks,

Kyle

Hi @kdavis91 ,

Attaching the same for reference. Please let me know in case you need any further information.

Flow 2 image.png

Flow 1.png

  

@vaibhavtandon87 ,

Could you give an example of the flow not picking up a newly added individual? did you add a person whose birthday was the same day? or someone whose birthday was the next day?

Also, I assume that in the condition action, you are comparing the birthdate field from the SharePoint list to today's date, is that correct?

The flow should include all items in the List when it loops through it.

thanks,

Kyle

Hi @kdavis91 ,

Thanks for the reply

1) I added few additions in bulk on the sharepoint list and had a gap of 1 month for their birthday to come. There birthday and addition on sharepoint list didnt appear on the same day.

2)Yes I am comparing the birth date ( month and date) to todays date and then trigger. It does a check at 8AM daily.

So I am not sure why it didnt run for the newly added items.

Are you suggesting that by adding the items on Sharepoint list, flow should automatically parse the newly added items on the sharepoint and send emails accordingly?

@vaibhavtandon87 ,

If your flow is looping through the items in the Sharepoint list, then yes, it should recognize and loop through the new data as well.

if you are using a trigger before the flow even runs to check something, I guess it depends on what is being checked in the trigger.

my suggestion would be to just run the flow solely on a recurrence and loop through the whole list every time.

View solution in original post

Thanks @kdavis91  for guidance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,299)