cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Options In Approval Flow

I am new to Power Automate.  I am trying to build an invoice approval flow that allows the approver to select GL accounts and then approve.  I have a share point list but the approval only allows accept/deny.  I must be missing something.  Here is the process.  Our finance team uploads an invoice to a share point list.  I want the list to trigger a flow that asks me to approve the invoice AND select the GL account to charge it against.  All through outlook or teams.   Then update the list with my selected GL account and the approval.   Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @RSDerby 

In my understanding,

you want the flow to be triggered when finance team modifies a column named ’invoice’ in a sharepoint list.

And you want the flow to ask you to approve or reject the invoice.

If you approve the invoice, then you specify the GL account to charge it against. And flow updates a column as ‘approved’ and another column as the GL account you specified.

If you reject the invoice, then flow only updates a column as ‘rejected’.

If I’ve misunderstood your need, please feel free to let me know.

I’ve created a flow to meet you need:

First, to ensure that the flow will be triggered when finance team modifies a column named ’invoice’ in a sharepoint list, you need to add the step as below:

1.25-4.PNG

1.25-5.PNG

1.25-6.PNG

For how to get the ‘parse json’ schema and what should be filled in Uri in ‘Send an http request to sharepoint’ action, go to the link: Check for a Change in a SharePoint List Column Val... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

The expression for value in ‘initialize variable 2’: body('Parse_JSON')?['d']?['results'][1]['invoice uploaded']

The ‘invoice uploaded’ here should be replaced as the field name of the column where finance team uploads invoice.

You can get the field name in the URL of the column site as below:

1.25-7.PNG

1.25-8.png

1.25-9.jpg1.25-10.PNG

Secondly, I’m afraid you cannot add additional options in approval rather than approve or reject.

But don’t worry, there is a workaround.

After you click the approve button, you add the GL account manually (for there is no automatic way currently) to be charged against in comments.

1.25-12.PNG

1.25-11.PNG

1.25-13.PNG

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @RSDerby 

In my understanding,

you want the flow to be triggered when finance team modifies a column named ’invoice’ in a sharepoint list.

And you want the flow to ask you to approve or reject the invoice.

If you approve the invoice, then you specify the GL account to charge it against. And flow updates a column as ‘approved’ and another column as the GL account you specified.

If you reject the invoice, then flow only updates a column as ‘rejected’.

If I’ve misunderstood your need, please feel free to let me know.

I’ve created a flow to meet you need:

First, to ensure that the flow will be triggered when finance team modifies a column named ’invoice’ in a sharepoint list, you need to add the step as below:

1.25-4.PNG

1.25-5.PNG

1.25-6.PNG

For how to get the ‘parse json’ schema and what should be filled in Uri in ‘Send an http request to sharepoint’ action, go to the link: Check for a Change in a SharePoint List Column Val... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

The expression for value in ‘initialize variable 2’: body('Parse_JSON')?['d']?['results'][1]['invoice uploaded']

The ‘invoice uploaded’ here should be replaced as the field name of the column where finance team uploads invoice.

You can get the field name in the URL of the column site as below:

1.25-7.PNG

1.25-8.png

1.25-9.jpg1.25-10.PNG

Secondly, I’m afraid you cannot add additional options in approval rather than approve or reject.

But don’t worry, there is a workaround.

After you click the approve button, you add the GL account manually (for there is no automatic way currently) to be charged against in comments.

1.25-12.PNG

1.25-11.PNG

1.25-13.PNG

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (74,585)