Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spångberg
Advocate II
Advocate II

Additional triggers in flow?

Hi

I have noticed that I can add an additional trigger inside a flow which makes the flow pause until the additional trigger is fired.

I can't find any documentation on this. Is this a supported way to handle a "wait until completed" scenario?

Cheers!

// Tomas

1 REPLY 1
tom_riha
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Spångberg ,

the second trigger doesn't handle 'wait until completed', the second trigger will do the same as the first trigger: wait for an event to happen and then continue. The misunderstanding I already saw a few times is that the second trigger is somehow connected to the original trigger / the original item. It's not.

Example: you have the main trigger 'When item is created', then some actions, and then 'When item is updated'. You might think that the flow will wait until the original item is updated. But it doesn't work that way, the second trigger is not connected to the item that triggered the original one. It's again connected to the whole list and it'll trigger when any item in the list is updated.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (35,719)