cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZachJayy
Helper III
Helper III

Adobe Sign Issue

I am working on a flow intended to trigger from one Adobe Sign agreement being created, pull that information, and burst out other agreements. 

In the trigger, When an event occurs, I am making the scope a specific resource, shown below:

Capture.JPG

What, exactly, is supposed to be put here for Resource ID? I have attempted using the wid in the Web Form URL, the full URL, nothing seems to be working and I am struggling to find documentation detailing this. Any help will be greatly, greatly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Jcook
Super User
Super User

Hello @ZachJayy 

Here is the documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/adobesign/#when-an-event-occurs

Resource Type
resourceType   string

Specify only when "Scope" is "A specific resource". Select the resource type for which the flow should be triggered.

Resource ID
resourceId   string

Specify only when "Scope" is "A specific resource". Enter the agreement or mega sign or widget ID for which the flow should be triggered.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

@JcookI've found that piece of documentation. It references the "widget ID" for the resource. That's where I'm struggling. There is a code in the web form URL following "wid=" that I'm using, presuming that's the piece of data I need. But the trigger is still throwing a Bad Request error specifying the {"code":"INVALID_WEBHOOK_RESOURCE_ID","message":"The resource id specified is invalid."}.

Hi @ZachJayy 

Did you create a webhook?

I found this on their site:

https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/adobe-sign-webhooks-api.html

I found originally on here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/microsoft-powerapps-and-flow-integration.html#Triggers

Proud to be a Flownaut!

tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

@Jcook 

I believe that, in this instance, Power Automate is functioning as the webhook. This functionality is to develop the same call-response relationship for other applications without a direct integration. 

Have you set up an Adobe Sign Web Form trigger before? Did you need a webhook? 

Hi @ZachJayy 

Unfortunately I have not set this up myself. I was just going by the documentation.

Are you still having trouble with this?

If you can provide more information on your business requirement. I can setup an account and figure this out 

Proud to be a Flownaut!

tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

@Jcook 

Thanks for replying back! I am still having issues with this. Let me give you the full scope of what we're trying to accomplish.

1: An Adobe Sign Web Form. We want to use Web F so that we can host this in the browser for filling/signing/sending. For the purposes of testing, this can have any content, just a couple of fillable fields and a signature line. 

2: Power Automate Flow. We want for this flow to be able to trigger each time this specific web form is completed. That's why we're using this "When an Event Occurs" trigger. It's the only trigger that enables us to point Power Automate at a specific Web Form. 

The goal is that a user will find and fill out the web form and that Power Automate will then automatically trigger and pull the content of that Web Form for us to use the information downstream to do further tasks, complete other documentation, spawn approvals, etc.

All of the downstream actions, I understand and know how to configure. Just having trouble getting the "When an Event Occurs" Adobe Sign trigger to communicate with the test Web Form in Adobe Sign. 

Hello @ZachJayy 

Okay, so I got this working by 2 methods. First I got this working using a different trigger:

'When an agreement workflow is completed successfully'

Jcook_0-1600463001053.png

This results in the flow triggering when I sign the form:

Jcook_1-1600463124010.png

I also got this working with the trigger:

'When an event occurs'

Jcook_2-1600463268545.png

Through my testing I found that each time an Agreement is completed a unique ID is generated. This makes it impossible to specify the Agreement ID in the Resource ID.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

@Jcook 

I've built and tested the flows using that method - selecting "Any of my Resource". The problem with using this method is that selecting "Any" causes this flow to trigger anytime an adobe sign agreement is completed at all. My Adobe Sign account includes dozens and dozens of different agreements. So this flow was triggering any time any of those were completed. But it needs to run only when this one specific agreement is completed. And more specifically, it's a Web Form, not just a library template. 

I need this flow to run only when one, specific, Web Form is completed.

Hi @ZachJayy 

Unfortunately I could not figure out how to trigger on a specific web form. I tried so many different ways.

I tried for a couple hours with no luck, nothing would trigger. The only time it would trigger is if I selected the resource as any..

You might have better luck reaching out to their support team, their API might have limitations on web forms.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

HKLEYN

Hey Zach!

I found a solution to this problem! It looks like you're using the full URI of the web-form / agreement, which is the cause of your issues. To find the actual Agreement ID, you'll need to use the 'when an even occurs' trigger, with the Scope set to 'Any resource in my account'.

You will then want to complete the form you wish to get the Agreement ID from.

Once the flow is complete, check the run log for the details of what happened in the flow. In my case, I was using a web-form, so I looked for the 'Parent ID' which is shown in the screenshots below:

firstStep.PNG

secondStep.PNG

HKLEYN_0-1606091670598.png

If you use the parent ID in your original flow, it should trigger each time that web-form is used. I'm guessing that this will work for agreements also.

I truly hope this helps 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,913)