cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

After approval of change request, set Completed Date in list

I built a flow that allows a user to submit a change request.  The flow sends it to a manager for approval.  After approval, the change request is implemented in production.  After the work is completed, I want the original user to set a "Completed Date" field in the SharePoint list.

We could ask the user to access the original PowerApps form and fill in the Completed Date field, but they might forget that, or update the wrong Date field.  How can I create something simple (like the press a button) to set that Completed Date?

I considered getting Flow to create an Outlook Task, but I don't want the user to think they can press "Mark Complete" in the Task and think that it marks it complete in the list, because it does not (unless you can think of method to do that).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: After approval of change request, set Completed Date in list

Hi @ grahampasmurf,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share more details about the sharepoint list?

Do you want the user to set a "Completed Date" field in the SharePoint list when the work is completed?

If you want the user to set a "Completed Date" field in the SharePoint list when the work is completed,I'm afraid you could could achieve it within a single flow.

I would offer you a workaround to achieve it,please refer to steps below to create the flow:

1.Add trigger "When an item is created";

2.Add an "Start an approval";

3.Add a condition to check if the request is approved.

If the request is approved,send an email with option to the user,and let him reply the email once the work is completed.

If the request is rejected,send an email to the user to let him know.

4.Add a condition 2 under the "send an email with option" action to check if the work is completed

If the work is completed,update the "Completed Date" column with the date of today.

The expression in the "Completed Date" column as below:

startOfDay(utcNow())

The screenshot of the flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

The completed date column would be inserted in the list item as below:

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ grahampasmurf,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share more details about the sharepoint list?

Do you want the user to set a "Completed Date" field in the SharePoint list when the work is completed?

If you want the user to set a "Completed Date" field in the SharePoint list when the work is completed,I'm afraid you could could achieve it within a single flow.

I would offer you a workaround to achieve it,please refer to steps below to create the flow:

1.Add trigger "When an item is created";

2.Add an "Start an approval";

3.Add a condition to check if the request is approved.

If the request is approved,send an email with option to the user,and let him reply the email once the work is completed.

If the request is rejected,send an email to the user to let him know.

4.Add a condition 2 under the "send an email with option" action to check if the work is completed

If the work is completed,update the "Completed Date" column with the date of today.

The expression in the "Completed Date" column as below:

startOfDay(utcNow())

The screenshot of the flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

The completed date column would be inserted in the list item as below:

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thank you Alice.  That sounds like the solution.  I was not aware of the "Send email with options" action.  I will try it and update with some screen shots when done.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Adding 2 screen shots to demonstrate the new working Flow.  It worked well.  The user receives an email with a button to select when the project is complete.  I added a note to the user to add a reminder to the calendar.  That would be something nice to add to Flow.

First is the "Send email with options" action.

PA_Flow_email_options.PNG

Second screen shot is after a Condition (if SelectedOption = Completed), update the item, set the Completed Date = utcNow,

PA_Flow_update_date.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,929)